Home COVID-19 Testing
How to Perform Testing
- Scan this QR code with your phone’s camera
- Watch the video for step by step instructions
- OR follow the manufacturer’s instructions included with the test kit
- If you don’t collect the specimens as directed, your test results may be incorrect.
The test is authorized for home use with self-collected anterior nasal (nares) swab samples in individuals aged 2 and older. This test is also authorized for home use for individuals aged 2 through 14 with an adult performing the test.
If your test result is POSITIVE
Immediately schedule an appointment with your PCP or schedule a Telemed visit with Minit Medical if your test is positive to discuss the next steps and further care or contact the Department of Health.
- Scan the QR code to the left with your phone’s camera to book your appointment.
- You can also visit minitmed.com and click on “Video Visit” to schedule an appointment.
Quarantine – for more info: Click Here
- If you have symptoms, you should quarantine 10 days after your symptoms first started.
- If you do NOT have symptoms, you should quarantine for 10 days starting from the day of the positive result. The Department of Health will set the quarantine recommendations.
- A recommendation of release from quarantine includes: 24 hours with no fever without the use of
fever-reducing medications, such as tylenol or ibuprofen, and that other symptoms of COVID-19
- As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people and pets in your home or place of residence. If possible, you should use a separate bathroom. If you need to be around other people or animals in your place of residence, wear a mask. Don’t share personal household items, like cups, towels, and utensils. These details will be discussed with you on the Video Visit or by the Department of Health.
Inform Close Contacts
Tell your close contacts that you are positive and that they may have been exposed and encourage them to get tested.
- A close contact is anyone who was within 6 feet of you, with or without a mask, for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
- An infected person can spread COVID-19 starting 48hrs (or 2 days) before the person has any symptoms.
When to Seek Medical Attention
- Monitor your symptoms, if your illness becomes severe and you are having trouble breathing, seek medical attention immediately. Be sure to inform the healthcare personnel that you are COVID positive.
If your test result is NEGATIVE
**MINIT MEDICAL WILL NOT PROVIDE WORK OR SCHOOL NOTES FOR NEGATIVE HOME TEST RESULTS.**
- A negative test result means that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, was not found in your specimen. If you took the test while you had symptoms and followed all instructions carefully, a negative result means your current illness is probably not COVID-19.
- However, it is possible for a test to give a negative result in some people who have COVID-19. This is called a false negative. You could also test negative if the specimen was collected too early in your infection. In this case, you could test positive later during your illness.
- Some self-tests are designed to be used in a series. Serial testing is when a person tests themselves multiple times for COVID-19 on a routine basis, such as every few days. This test is intended to be used twice over two to three days, with at least 24 hours and no more than 36 hours between tests. By testing more frequently, you might detect COVID-19 more quickly and could reduce the spread of infection.