5 Questions to Ask Your Urgent Care Clinic
Our doctors at Minit Medical Urgent Care provide comprehensive healthcare services near you. We also welcome walk-in patients. For more information, please call us or book an appointment. We have 3 convenient locations to serve you in Kahului HI, Kihei HI, and Lahaina HI.
Urgent care clinics can be a highly convenient place to receive quick and thorough medical care! At Minit Medical Urgent Care, our medical providers proudly provide a diverse range of medical services to our valued patients.
Do I need an urgent care appointment?
Since urgent care clinics accept walk-in appointments, they are an excellent option for anyone experiencing an injury or illness that is not life-threatening but requires same-day medical attention. In this way, they differ from most primary care clinics, which typically require appointments to be made in advance.
With that in mind, you do not need to make an appointment in advance to receive medical care at an urgent care clinic! All you need to do is visit an urgent clinic, and a medical doctor or professional will provide you with medical attention in a short amount of time.
While both urgent care clinics and emergency rooms conduct patient evaluations when individuals first arrive at the clinic, urgent care clinics typically have shorter wait times than emergency rooms because they do not treat life-threatening medical emergencies. As a result, urgent care clinics can often see patients on a first-come, first-served basis, except for those who require immediate treatment as determined via the initial patient evaluation.
What type of provider will see me?
You can expect to encounter several different medical professionals at an urgent care clinic, including medical doctors, nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants, and other healthcare professionals. Depending on the particular care you require, you will be seen by one of such medical providers at an urgent care clinic.
At Minit Medical Urgent Care, our team of medical professionals includes doctors with board certifications and specialties in family medicine, emergency medicine, dermatological medicine, osteopathic medicine, and occupational medicine, as well as certified physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, and physical therapists.
Do you take insurance?
We are happy to accept most major medical insurance plans at Minit Medical Urgent Care! The following is a list of some of the plans and providers we commonly accept:
- Auto insurance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Hawaii Mainland Administrators (HMA)
- Hawaii Medical Assurance Association (HMAA)
- Hawaii Medical Service Association (HMSA) and HMSA Quest
- Kaiser and Kaiser Quest
- University Health Alliance (UHA)
- Worker’s compensation
If you have further questions about our insurance policies at Minit Medical Urgent Care, we welcome you to call us! One of our administrative staff would be pleased to speak with you and answer any of your insurance-related questions.
What kind of services do you provide?
We provide the following kinds of services at Minit Medical Urgent Care:
- Annual physical exams
- Botox injections and dermal fillers
- Bracing and casts for broken bones and fractures
- COVID-19 testing
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals
- Digital X-ray services
- Drug screening
- Ear wax removal
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) services
- Flu shots and immunizations
- Foreign object or splinter removal
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment
- Laboratory and screening tests
- Latisse treatment
- Occupational medicine services
- Pediatric services
- Physical therapy
- Prescription refills
- School and sports physicals
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing
- Specialist referrals
- Sutures for cuts and lacerations
- Telemedicine services
- Vision screenings
- Wart removal
- Worker’s compensation injury and illness management
- Wound care
What conditions does Urgent Care Treat?
Urgent care clinics can treat any condition that is not life-threatening and does not require surgery. With that in mind, we can treat any of the following conditions at Minit Medical Urgent Care:
- Abdominal pain
- Allergies and allergic reactions
- Animal and insect bites and stings
- Anxiety, depression, and stress
- Asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, and other respiratory illnesses
- Auto accident injuries
- Back sprains
- Bladder infections and urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Burns, rashes, and skin infections
- Cold and flu
- Cuts and lacerations
- Dislocations, fractures, sprains, and strains
- Ear and eye infections
- Marine stings
- Migraines and tension headaches
- Sinus infections
- Stomach flu (gastroenteritis)
- Swimmer’s or Surfer’s Ear
- Vaginal bleeding
- And many others!
For an urgent care appointment at Minit Medical, we welcome you to visit one of our three clinics in Kahului, Kihei, or Lahaina, Hawaii. Serving patients from Lahaina HI, Kahului HI, Kihei HI, Launiupoko HI, Olowalu Hi, Wailuku HI, Kula HI, Makawao HI, Paia HI, Wailea HI, Haiku HI and Waihee-Waiehu HI.